Saturday, 1 May 2010

5 Days to go - Lib Dems live long and prosper!

Today has been a busy day, mainly in the office returning calls to voters who have got in touch with me over the past week. Its great to talk to ordinary people and find out whats bothering them. I wasn't even tempted to call them bigots! I think some Labour voters who are considering switching are concerned with Labour lies that we are about to strip ordinary working people of tax credits. This isn't the case and I was able to reassure them on this front.

This election is hotting up with national mailings hitting the doormats from both ourselves and the Labour candidates. They seem to think the endorsements of celebrities is a good thing to go on about. Personally, I have a lot of respect for Patrick Stewart as an actor, for example, but the views of someone who is mega rich and spends most of their time in the US are not who I am interested in when it comes to politics!

No comments:

Post a Comment