Saturday, 10 April 2010

Swalwell Surgery and more leaflets

Off this morning to one of the regular street surgeries run by our Whickham councillors, this time in Swalwell. The sun shone and it was a lovely excuse to talk to residents with some issues. Then we headed back to the constituency office, where I bumped into one of my rivals for the MP position, who was wandering about on the front street. It was nice to meet him and I reiterated my desire for a debate in every area of the constituency. Then it was off to Rowlands Gill to deliver some leaflets with our team of helpers for our local election candidate Ray Callender. Got a good proportion of the area done and then popped into the Tesco for a celebratory lolly in the sun! Bumped into Andrew Graham, our councillor for Winlaton and High Spen, who was doing some shopping in between canvassing slots. Then I popped into Flower Designs over the road for a bunch of flowers for my long suffering wife. It really is a lovely shop.

Back home for a lasagne then over to whickham to record a "podcast" with Brenda Osborn, one of our other councillors for Winlaton and High Spen. I do think I have a face for Radio, so this is an ideal opportunity for me! Good to see Nick Clegg in Gateshead for one of his public question and answer sessions. I heard he gave a good account of himself, I wish I wasn't too busy with this campaign or I would have gone to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment