Friday, 16 April 2010

A day on the doorsteps - we are making a difference

I spent today knocking on doors and talking to voters. Many people had seen the Leaders debate and everyone seemed to be impressed with what they saw of Nick Clegg and his policies. The Economy is the big concern. A few people mentioned the poor foreign exhange rate and made the link with the astronomical fuel prices we're seeing at the moment.

I believe our policies of getting the banks lending to free up small businesses and our agenda of making tax fairer by raising the personal income tax allowance to £10,000 is going down well now people are starting to think much more seriously about our policies. The pound will only strengthen and the cost of imports go down when we start to get businesses back on their feet and return to being a country that makes things.

However I really got into trouble for giving my wife a delivery round that is very long and has lots of long gravel driveways. We all muck in and help in the Lib Dem team here and I really appreciate Donnas help but I think putting up with me at home plus this round may be the straw that broke the camels back! She has gone out with friends from the NHS tonight so hopefully she will have a good politics free night!

The campaign is going really well but if you are reading this and want to get a fresh start in Blaydon, email me to volunteer your help. There are lots of ways you can lend a hand, just get in touch with me personally at neil@blaydonlibdems.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment