Monday, 19 April 2010

Change that works for the North East - delivering for Blaydon

This morning went to our office to set up two new enthusiastic volunteers with work for the day. Then over to Kingston Park in Newcastle to help launch our manifesto for the North East, which outlines the policies in our manifesto that can help the North East. a good event and it was good to catch up with the other Lib Dem parliamentary candidates to see how it is going. Well, I think!

Anyway, it was back to reality as I went out with the volunteers to deliver in Blaydon and then in Kibblesworth. A positive reception from the doorstep. My wife was chased down the street by someone wanting to discuss policies! This is great and its really good that people are interested in ideas, that is what it should all be about.

Then back to the office for a meeting to discuss the campaign with my team. We are forging ahead but it was great to have a meeting to work out where we were going to be for each day of the campaign. I have a great team of excellent Lib Dem councillors and campaigners and they are helping me keep calm and focus on delivering our message!

No comments:

Post a Comment