Wednesday, 7 April 2010

And so it begins

Well the worst kept secret is out of the bag and the general election is on the same day as the local elections on May 6th. After work at the CAB I manage, it was on the campaign trail delivering some of our leaflets to kickstart the local and general election campaigns. A lot more supporters and helpers came out tonight. I then went back to our office to do some printing and then went to various campaigners houses and on my way home popped into my Agent Noel Rippeths house to check in. Noel and Ione (his wife) are great local councillors and also great company. It was 12:45 by the time I got out!

Then home to answer casework. We have had a lot of support for our campaign against congestion in Blaydon and I have had a lot of emails urging me to show support for the BBC and oppose the closure of BBC stations. I am going to read the pledge that has been put forward in detail tomorrow before I take a view on whether I support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment