Wednesday, 31 March 2010

The apathy party

Went canvassing with my colleagues tonight again. Got a good response and some great feedback. I think the big enemy to all parties at this election is likely to be apathy. A lot of people are increasingly turned off by politics and by the increasing tendency for the politicians to just engage in yah boo politics. They think we're all the same when they see the MPs misbehaving in the current parliament. Unfortunately by not voting they are handing their vote to others.

All I can say is that I am who I am and how I would operate if elected. I think we need to get back to politics being about ideas and what I am advocating to help the constituency and the country over the other candidates. Naive perhaps but I think this is what voters want.

No comments:

Post a Comment