Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Give Coal the Boot

I have today joined Greenpeace's campaign to give "Coal the Boot" you can see the site of my boot at:

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/gctbpage2/

If, like me, you think that this country should be investing a lot more in proven technologies that reduce carbon emissions now rather than supporting large scale investment in so called "clean coal", which will emit many millions of tons of carbon before such technology is proven, then I invite you to sign up too. The Labour MP for Blaydon campaigns for more coal to be dug up as long as its not in Blaydon constituency!

Our constituency has lots of coal underground, much of it extractable by open casting. If, like me, you would prefer it to stay underground then give Coal the Boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment