Sunday, 4 October 2009

Tomatoes, Ginger Cake and Coco


My earlier post prompted me to take the Liberal Democrat focus team to Blackhall Mill to conduct a residents survey. My colleague John McClury (councillor for Whickham South and Sunniside) had to bring his dog Coco, who went down well with the local youth.

Many residents told me this was the first time in their life that a politician had called in person! There are a number of issues that residents have raised with me that I will be pursuing. But it's not all hard work. I bought a great bag of greenhouse raised tomatoes from a guy opposite Fife Terrace and then was able to call into the Community Cafe, the first one for a while I believe. Its run by the community for the community and the Ginger Cake was excellent. The Community association do a great job and the building has numerous green innovations, including ground source heat pumps.

I was also able to indulge my guilty secret (I like cars!), by seeing a lovely Triumph 1960s convertible. Not a bad morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment