Sunday, 31 May 2009

Rowlands Gill Traffic

I was in Rowlands Gill today with our local campaigner Ray Callender. What Ray doesn't know about the village isn't worth knowing! We stopped all the time for Ray to introduce me to another aquaintance of his. It's great to have local campaigners on the ground who know their local community so well. On of the main reasons for my trip was to see the traffic on the main road for myself. Even though it was a Sunday, it was very congested and parking was a nightmare. Something needs to be done and we will be surveying local residents to find out their views. I later popped over to Chopwell to see some problems highlighted to me by local residents. There is an issue with parked cars on both sides of the road and kids playing. This is a problem in many areas and I support encouraging drivers to slow down in residential streets to avoid potential accidents.

Finally, I couldn't help but point regular readers in the direction of this excellent articles in the Observer. I am pleased all the parties work on Europe and parliamentary reform is getting recognition:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/may/31/european-elections-liberal-democrats
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/may/31/voting-reform-liberal-democrats

No comments:

Post a Comment